In an effort to encourage small businesses to work smarter, engage with the global economy and take advantage of the opportunities provided by new technologies, the Queensland Government has recently announced the Small Business Digital Grants Program.
What is the grant offering? The government will match funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) for the purchase of hardware, software and digital services – such as a new website to give you an edge over your competitors, or upgrades to an existing one.
What can the grant be used for?
There are five identified priority areas that the digital technology or service must fall under:
- digital marketing and social media
- digital content (web pages, mobile apps, media, etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning and advice / training
Who can apply?
To be eligible your business must:
- have less than 20 employees at the time of application
- have an ABN and be registered for GST
- have headquarters based in Queensland, or significant Queensland based operations
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent
Applications opened on the 8th of November and close at midnight on the 9th of December.
What you can get
Based on a maximum budget of $20,000 (50% provided by the state government), your business would be able to comfortably acquire
- A full eCommerce capability, or
- Brand new website, or
- Simple mobile application development.
Examples of work we have performed within this budget include:
- http://www.mamashome.com.au [eCommerce]
For more examples, check out: http://www.fireworkswebsites.com.au
How we can help
Stuck for ideas? There are a number of ways that Fireworks can work with you, including:
- Creating an e-commerce website to get your products online
- Creating a brand new website, from design to development to delivery
- Improving or expanding the abilities of your existing website